Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just do it!

12March19mess Write or clean? I wish I could say that I’ve been on vacation for the past two weeks, but I haven’t. Busy time at work, and I think I left all of my words at the office. Or my brain under the bed. Or something.

Haven’t been sewing either. This is probably the longest my dear sewing machine has sat without playing since I bought her last summer. Besides work, I think it mostly has to do with the fact that my sewing 12March19Rusty area is a terrible mess. There’s so much clutter there that I don’t have room to do anything. Yep, time to do a little Spring cleaning around my sewing area. Of course, it doesn’t help when Rusty decides to visit. He takes up a lot of room.

Temperatures are inching up slowly and we’re beginning to talk about outside projects. Like  replacing the deck roof – the one that blew off in the windstorm we had last week. 12March19roof Well, a quarter of it blew off. I was trying to fasten it down at the time, but it was old and already falling apart. We tried to replace it a few years ago, but the local hardware store didn’t tell us the panels were in until my vacation was over, and we didn’t have time to do it. Now it’s going to cost us over $1,000 just for the materials!

You can probably tell that more than just the roof material needs to be replaced. There’s so much we’d like to do with the deck, but it all costs money. I wonder if I 12March19ginger can quilt something to cover it.

Ginger really, really likes the bag I made. She and Rusty took turns sitting on it, but she seems to have claimed it. Just her colour, too. I guess I’d better get busy and clean up my sewing area. My sewing machine is getting very lonely.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment